Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Ever since I was a little kid when my dad would leave the house I would say goodbye and get corrected and told it was only see you later. I think the reason for this is goodbye's are sad, where as see ya laters didn't hurt quite as bad. As I have grown up though there has been more and more times where a simple see you later wouldn't work, because that would have been lie. All growing up is is learning about yourself and knowing who you are enough so when you do have to say good bye you can carry on without them. I have had to say good bye to both my parents so you would think it would start to get easier. I had to do it again with most of my friends back in Utah, I will see some again but for the most part we will have grown so far apart that its almost as if we are strangers. The most recent time for me to say goodbye was today, I finished school for the semester and moved out of Paty, and on my way out I said see ya later to everybody because I knew we would both be back next year. My roommate helped my take all my stuff down to my car and when I left him he said well goodbye man, I knew the proper response was just to say goodbye because he wouldn't be coming back next year. I couldn't though, throughout this year he was just about the only person I could trust and I was just going to never see him again? So I corrected him, and told him it was just a see you later. Now whether thats true or not I will find out, but it made me feel better.

No comments: